UA Museums From Your Home
The University of Alabama Museums has online content available about various subjects and fields of study for you to enjoy!
Archived Live Streams:
Click on the links below to watch the archived live streams.
- iNaturalist Training with Dr. John Friel
- History (Moundville Archaeological Park)
- History (The Gorgas House Museum/Mildred Westervelt Warner Transportation Museum)
- History (Archaeology)
- History (Abbott Nature Photography)
- History (Family Friday/Deep Time Demonstration)
- Jones Archaeological Museum (Moundville)
- Civil War: Burning of the University of Alabama Campus (The Gorgas House Museum/Mildred Westervelt Warner Transportation Museum)
- The Alabama Indigenous Mound Trail – Part 1
- Watersheds (Alabama Museum of Natural History)
- Family Friday: Making a Terrarium
- Birding at Moundville Archaeological Park
- Conversations With Historians: Urban History (Dr. Sharony Green)
- Gulf Coast Archaeology (Office of Archaeological Research)
- Family Friday: Pollinators
- Moundville Park Pavilion (Rural Studio)
- Conversations With Historians: Public History (Dr. Julia Brock)
- The Alabama Indigenous Mound Trail Part 2
- Geological Survey of Alabama/Surface Dynamics Modeling Lab (Natural History)
- Family Friday: Gardening Demonstration for Families
- Chickasaw Storytelling
- Students in Museums – Part 1
- The Alabama Indigenous Mound Trail Part 3
- Lizards and Snakes of Alabama
- Family Friday: Historic Uses of Plants
- Recent Research at Moundville Archaeological Park
- Tuscaloosa Area Virtual Museum
- Coosa River Valley Archaeology – Part 1
- Family Friday: Paleontology vs. Archaeology
- Erskine Ramsay Theft
- Student Engagement and Reaching Gen Z
- Archaeology and the Main Street Enhancement Project
- Trace Fossils
- Family Friday: What is Archaeology?
- Beliefs/Symbolism of Ancient Moundville
- Coosa River Valley Archaeology – Part 2
- Dragonfly Migration
- Family Friday: What is Paleontology?
- Social Media as the “New Platform for Museums”
- Museums From Your Home: Amphibians
- Family Friday: Archaeology Vs. Paleontology Recap
- Hoop Dancing
- Conversations with Historians (Dr. Hilary Green)
- Modern Interpretation of a Native American Garden
- Museum Studies
- Native American Music
- Students in Museums – Part 2
- Conversations with Historians (Dr. John Beeler)
- The Search for Underworld Powers
- A Conversation with Preservation Advocate, Ian Crawford
- Alabama’s State Archaeologist
- Mildred Westervelt Warner Transportation Museum
- 3D Modeling
- UA Museums’ Communications Specialist
- Choctaw Traditional Arts
- Bama Bug Fest Retrospective
- Talking History with Dr. John Beeler
Don’t have a Facebook account? No Problem!
All of our Facebook Live Streams will be uploaded to the UA Museums YouTube Channel and added to a Museums From Your Home playlist. Make sure to subscribe to the channel so you never miss out on a new video!
Additional Educational Content:
In addition to the introduction of Facebook live streaming, UA Museums will be creating short video and social media content. This will include museum staff recording “Isolation Observations” of the nature they encounter in their own backyards and neighborhoods during Quarantine. Lindsey Gordon, Education Outreach Coordinator at Moundville Archaeological Park, will be sharing information about Moundville Archaeological Park in a series called #MoundvilleMondays. The Gorgas House Museum has also started a “Gorgas House Artifact Series”, which will be a series of social media posts sharing facts about artifacts that can be found inside The Gorgas House Museum.
UA Museums has other educational material for viewing and activity at home! Emmy-winning television program, Discovering Alabama, has free educational resources online including full episodes and Teacher Guides. The Alabama Museum of Natural History has a Teacher’s Corner, which offers educational materials about Fossils, Watersheds, Rocks and Minerals, and Soil. Moundville Archaeological Park has a variety of material on Archaeology!
You can also download our free UA Museums #ColorOurCollections coloring book!